How can you overhaul that neglected website in a way that’s fast, affordable, and almost painless?
If it’s been a few years since you’ve updated your website, you may not realize website platforms have come a long way. In fact, we recently helped a handful of entrepreneurs and marketers overhaul their outdated websites in one day.
1. Lower your expectations. Don’t try to overhaul your website, generate more leads, AND build that private client portal you've already dreamed of all at the same time. Lower your expectations and be content with a simpler goal for your first phase, like “upgrading your website platform”. By simply upgrading your platform, you’ll enjoy other benefits, such as award-winning, responsive design, no maintenance, and secure content.
2. Perform your due diligence. Have you ever thought an idea was good today, but then changed your mind tomorrow? Be cautious of companies that make you sign long-term contracts you can't get out of. Most times, they don't turn out the way we intend. Instead, see if there are solutions that will allow you to cancel within a reasonable period of time.
3. Sign up for a free trial. Once you identify an affordable platform that meets your requirements and offers a design template that appeals to you, sign up for a trial. Most platforms offer a 30-day free trial, and some platforms won't even ask you for a credit card.
4. Copy and paste your existing site. Now that you’ve committed to a free trial, try to copy and paste your existing site to the new platform. Create a similar structure, and use the same logo, images, and website copy. As you make progress, create a list of all the improvements you’d like to make. (But be sure this list of improvements doesn't stall your progress!)
5. Go live. Compare your new website to the older one. How does it look? Chances are, it’s a significant improvement in the right direction. Best case, you've converted to a state-of-the-art platform that's fully-responsive and 100% secure. If this is the case, convert your trial to a paid plan and go live. Done is better than perfect, here; you can always work on that list of improvements over the next few weeks.
Watch the video above for the full lesson and always remember when it comes to launching a new website, #DoneIsBetterThanPerfect!
Like this episode? Please share it so we can continue keeping our blog and all of our videos ad-free/sponsor-free! Click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel, too.
Listen to this Podcast
Stream this episode:
Get this episode: